Wednesday, February 3, 2010

so i awoke this morning completely famished....I am attempting to cook & eat more healthy for the mere fact that I would like to live a very long&full life , even on the very, bad, not so good days!!!
My breakfast of choice lately has been omelettes...you can really do anything with omelettes...& I mean anything...I would compare it to the most awesome salad...add anything you like and you really cannot go wrong...
I remember when I lived in Blauvelt, NY...We would occasionaly have weekly dinners where a few friends and co-workers would stop by...it was usually quick, because I was in a bowling league (um, I was sooo bad @ bowling, that guys from other teams would come over and attempt to show me how to properly bowl..good times!)...
...one of the nights, we had breakfast for dinner, which is always amazing&awesome...my responsibility for this dinner was omelettes.I filled separate bowls with mushrooms, onions, various cheeses, spinach, the list goes on for infinity....
I let guests fill an empty bowl with whatever they wanted and then I went on to create customized tasty goodness...
this morning I felt inspired & sauteed fresh organic spinach with a teeny bit of crushed garlic in a great big dash of olive oil...once the bright green of the spinach became a dark and glorious rich green, I added marinated artichoke hearts....them came the 2 beaten eggs....I (generously) sprinkled on some cracked peppercorn, salt, and parmesan cheese...the aromatics were intense...way better than any scented candle could provide! I let the omelette brown on one side and then gracefully (right!) folded it in half...
this would be perfect to share with a loved one, or someone you could at least stand...mulitgrain toast with preserves and a french press of freshly ground coffee from a local shop (SLAVE TO THE GRIND!) would be the marriage....omg i absolutely <3 breakfast....
I have rachel ray on tv in the background...she is making penne vodka...I have to say I don't like her version..I have made penne vodka three times in the past couple of months successfully..I have not made it before these times & I have to say I was thoroughly impressed..I used my grandfather's recipe(his penne vodka is legendary) and made a couple Jessica alterations to it and was very happy with the results...I threw a dinner party amost 2 weeks ago & served it there...it went quick, and many wanted second helpings...i will post the recipe and pics soon of this rich & satisfying dish!

2 comments:

  1. Woman, you are an artist with words! I can visualize everything and, although I have just eaten breakfast, would love to sample your omelet! Have a wonderful day, Jess. gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!
    i want to share an omelette with you! i think my fave breakfast item are belgian waffles, or cheddar biscuits with gravy!

    mmmmm.:)

    ReplyDelete