Wednesday, November 10, 2010

...feeling blue...

...I used to love being sick...it's true...I'd get to stay home from school, lay around in my pajamas & have Grandma make me pastina & take care of me...now not so much...I mean I still like the laying around in pajamas part, but I'm a busy lady with lists to make & not follow, powerpoint presentations to prepare, libraries to visit, papers to write, & there is always an unending list of things to do @ my job...so now as I lay here in a state of under-the weatherness, thinking of the things I have to do, sounding like a chain-smoking-chipmunk, I have a list of "remedies" that always make me feel better:
1) I reread "the pleasure of my company" by steve martin...one of my favorite books, I laugh out loud & even tear up a bit @ moments
2) coffee...I bought illy coffee...its a little pricier that other brands, but the taste is unbeatable...& i don't really use that word freely...seriously I don't think you'll ever see me use it again
3) Gizmo! my favorite stuffed animal keeps me in good company...
4) Planes, Trains, & Automobiles...one of the best movies ever...laughter is really the best medicine, at least for me...
and........
5) COOKING...I don't care how sick I am...cooking will always make me feel better...
I prepared a pumpkin & sweet potato curry stew & served it to my roommate & myself with crusty whole wheat panella bread...
it was like spooning with a pumpkin, serious goodness, folks...I am all about the pumpkin this fall season...tonight I baked pumpkin-wholewheat-oatmeal-blueberry-honey muffins....little baked cups of nourishing amazingness...
sooo I am still feeling a bit not-so-delightful but amidst my hecticness I have a plan to prepare the following in the next week:
roasted pumpkin, pumpkin goat cheese empanadas...hummus with greek olives...blue velvet cupcakes...homemade granola...

1 comment:

  1. My gram used to make pastina for me when I was sick, too!

    PT&A is a great movie.

    hugs and hope you are feeling 100% very, very soon.

    ReplyDelete